Thursday, October 27, 2011

Last October 2011 Post

I can't believe it.. Auggie's last "first holiday" will be here on Monday. Maybe for Thanksgiving and Christmas we can celebrate Auggie's "First Thanksgiving/Christmas with the Family"? Haha... I know, it has to stop somewhere.

I feel like the past few weeks have flown by. Even with Tim laid out on the couch, it seemed like the days themselves were passing slowly but now that Halloween is here, it seems like the weeks have flown by. Like I've been saying in the past few posts, I've been busy making things for Auggie's first birthday. I've only had a few people say they can't make it (so this is a reminder, if you can't make it, please get in touch with me!). Even though I am a little disappointed, I understand why they can't come- They'll miss out on a great party, though! ;)

I also finished up Auggie's Halloween costume. I made the ears and shoe covers but bought the sleeper at a resale shop. I hope it'll be a little bit cooler Monday night because I felt bad putting him in on Wednesday. It was like 85 degrees! Happy Fall, huh?? He didn't fuss about it, though. Well, he might have, just a bit, but he wanted to pay attention to the crows and grackles nearby.

We were at the pumpkin patch for about 45 minutes and I swear I heard "she" about 20 times! It doesn't really bother me to the point where I get upset (not anymore, at least) but it is so annoying to hear it. Sometimes it is an honest mistake but really, Auggie was a brown bear! I wouldn't dress my nearly one year old daughter in something so brown. If I did, I'd at least make sure she was wearing a bow or some pink or purple. Don't get me wrong, I'll correct people when they say it but today none of it was directed towards me. I feel a little (I don't even know the word)... ashamed? selfish? No clue.. but I feel kind of bad keeping my ears open for those little comments. I guess I'll stop doing it at some point but for now my ears are always listening for something.

But here are some pictures from our second trip to the pumpkin patch:











Since there were quite a few photos, I'll skip out on the everyday type photos. I do have a video to share with you. Auggie started to sign "dog" more frequently. He'll look out the sliding glass door or he'll look in that direction and sign it. It's pretty close to the sign for "milk" but since he looks outside, we can tell the difference. The sign for "dog" is like a finger-snapping motion or a pat on the leg. The sign for "milk" is like squeezing motion when someone milks a cow. Here's the video:







Hope everyone enjoys their last weekend in October!

2 comments:

  1. He doesn't look like a girl at all! I wonder why so many people think that... Colin has been called a "she" a few times, and I just go with it...lol one time he was in blue swim shorts and a lady said "she's beautiful"! Lol who would put their little girl in blue swim shorts? Haha And we are still trying to work it out and see if we can afford to come to Auggies birthday. I'll let you know ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the costume!! He's getting so big! And he definitely doesn't look like a girl! We are still checking to see if we can make the party, I'll let you know soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!