Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011

Tim had his surgery on Thursday. It went well. He was in by 7 am and out around 10:15 am. He was a little "woozy" for a few hours after the surgery but according to the nurses it was just the anesthesia  wearing off. He hadn't eaten since 8 Wednesday night so we both figured if he ate, he'd feel better. Since it was an outpatient surgery, he wasn't supposed to stay too long after but he didn't want to go home feeling miserable. The nurses kept saying he felt bad because of the pain killers and it seemed like they were trying to push him out. Even though he still felt terrible, he was discharged and we went home around 2:30. He was able to eat a chocolate and Nacogdoches blueberry scone (Thanks, 'Stine!!! He really enjoyed them) and he felt so much better after eating 3 of them. Tim hasn't been sleeping well since he came home but he's comfortable now. Friday, he had a lot of pain in his knee that wasn't being helped with the pain medication. His ice pack had shifted onto one of his staples and was causing the pain. Sunday he was able to removed his Ace bandage and got to see the damage. And today, he's starting to hobble around a little bit without his crutches. He goes back in a week and a half for a follow up appointment and then he'll start physical therapy.

We had 2 great friends, Joanna and Ramona, watch Auggie on Thursday while I got Tim situated at home. Joanna and Ramona along with Jen P and Jen A made some food for us. It has all been so good! Thank you, ladies! We really appreciate it. I don't think our fridge has been that full in a while.

Joanna said Auggie was perfect on Thursday. I'm so glad he was good for them... Now, I just wish that good mood had extended throughout the weekend! I think he knows something different is going on but he has been very needy and will hardly let me do something without him right at my ankles. Sunday, after all our company left (thank goodness), he screamed until bedtime. Monday he was in just about the same mood. I feel bad because we don't know what he needs or what is bothering him but man, can he scream? Most of the time I wanted to scream right there with him. He spent most of Monday morning in his crib because he wouldn't stop crying when I held him or played with him. When he was in his crib, though, he played by himself and calmed down. I know most babies enjoyed their alone time but sometimes I feel like it is too much but he is so much happier alone.

Auggie began to do a few new things over the past week or so:

  • "Ma Ma Ma Ma" started last week
  • Smacking his lips together
  • The sign "milk" more consistently
  • Waving "bye bye" 
  • The sign "all done" a few times
  • The sign "more" once or twice
  • Using his fist to nod "yes" (the muscles in the neck that control nodding yes are harder to control than the ones used to make the "no" head shaking)

As I sit here and try to figure out what to type, I'm thinking of so many other things I should be doing (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc) so I'll leave you with pictures. I'm sure there are things I wanted to type but I've forgotten about them. I haven't had the time or the attention span to edit any more pumpkin patch pictures so these are just from my phone. Sorry if this is another jumbled post... I am so ready for another nap.

Playing with his new blocks

Looking like such a big boy 

I had to change his sheets on night so he
had to sleep on the floor for a few minutes

Watching the rain

Pretty kitty I cat-sat for a bit last week

Chewing on a sunflower

Somebody likes to play with clean diapers

He tries to put so much down the hole of this toy

Tim hanging out Thursday afternoon

Auggie checking out what Daddy's doing

Looking like a big boy in his Vegas shirt and Vans

He plays with the buttons on his musical stuffed toys now

He smacks his lips together now

The straw was one of few things that made him happy Monday

Walking out of his pants

Finally got to sit in Daddy's lap Monday

Chilling out with Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I loved being able to see you guys that weekend. Auggie doing his fishy impression with the lip smacks (per Tim's comment), seeing him all grown up in the Vegas shirt and just utterly amazed at how much he's grown and changed in a month. He's an amazingly wonderful little dude & so glad to hear the yelling is a lot less than before. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!