Thursday, October 20, 2011

If you see me....

...and my hair is pulled out in patches, please don't say anything.

As of Wednesday night, we're going on Day 5 of what we hate to call "Scream Fest 2011." No, I'm not pulling out my hair because I've been scared at Six Flags... I'm pulling out my hair because Wednesday was day 5 of Auggie screaming for at least 2 hours during the day. Well, Saturday wasn't too bad, but it was just the beginning.

I took Auggie to his pediatrician at 2 Wednesday afternoon. Of course, he was so happy and such a smiley baby the whole time we were there. She checked his throat, eczema, stomach and lungs. All checked out great... well, except for his eczema. It is always there in some form. She recommended Miralax to get his tummy on a regular schedule again (I don't need to spell that one out, right?) and then Benadryl to see if his eczema was itchy. The Miralax worked (but if you talked to Tim, it was the applesauce... he thinks it was).

I figured since he was in a good mood, I'd take him to Wal Mart. I was disappointed I couldn't find the Benadryl- and I was a little wary of buying something along the same lines because everything was for kids at least 2 years old or older. Just as I was heading to the toy aisle to check out Christmas presents, he started getting cranky again. And that got him started up all over again.  I'll be taking him out this morning or afternoon to see if I can make it to CVS.

I wanted to pull out my hair so bad last night. People keep telling us to put him in his crib, close the door and walk away. If we did that every time he was unconsolable, he would've spent the past 5 days (minus like 6 or so hours) in his bed.

I feel horrible neither of us can do anything about it. Tim keeps suggesting to call friends to watch him for an hour or so just so I can get out but I don't want to put anyone else in the position of trying to calm him down. Auggie will calm down for a bit and then if something goes wrong (if he plops down too hard or loses his grip on a toy, etc), he gets so upset over it.

But on a lighter note, we did make it out to the park Wednesday morning with a few other moms and their little ones. We got to enjoy the cool weather! Yes, I said cool weather! I know it isn't as cool as Ohio or anything but 70 for a high and 42 for a low sounds like awesome weather to me! Auggie went down the slide for the first time. He wasn't too sure about it- his shoes kind of got caught on the slide so it wasn't too smooth.

Well, I'll leave you with some pictures from the past few days....

Enjoying his pinwheels while the cold front came through town 



Standing up to show Daddy

Look at our big boy! He stood up all by himself!

Enjoying Wednesday morning at the park

Miss Ruby attempting to take off her bow

Auggie at the bottom of the slide

He wanted to go up the slide

Auggie looking up at Zane

Mis Paxton trying out the ladder

Auggie wasn't too sure about the poles

Trying to pull himself up into my lap


2 comments:

  1. Wow, he looks like he has grown so much since we saw eachother! He looks so old now! Sorry you're have a tough week though... Hope he settles down for you soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHH He's getting so big! I'm sorry you've had a tough week, and I'm sure it's the worst time for him to be fussy since Tim can't help much. But hopefully with all our positive thoughts he'll feel better soon!

    ps. Almost everything you buy over the counter as far as kids medicine goes says for 2 and up, unless it says infants. They can still take most of it, just a different dose. You can always text me if you have a question on whats the same or what dose to give! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!