Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Auggie's Loaner BAHA!



We met a lady through Facebook group and Yahoo! groups who was nice enough to lend us a BAHA for Auggie until we are able to get his own.


We can't thank Judy enough for sending it to us!

It made me so happy to see Auggie look at Tim when he spoke! I was surprised I didn't cry but man, was I happy! He enjoyed bouncing and bending his knees when he had the BAHA on. I just loved seeing that!

We also received some good news from the insurance... After almost 6.5 weeks after his hearing test, Auggie is approved for his own BAHA! Now all we need to do is schedule an appointment with the audiologist to order his BAHA. I can't wait. My mom is coming in town this week so hopefully she'll teach me how to use my sewing machine so I can start making his headbands. 

We had a great time over Easter weekend. We were able to see some friends and all our family. It sure is tiring even though we got to spend a couple days in La Porte and in Giddings. I'm pretty sure Auggie enjoyed his first holiday with the families.... He better because there are plenty more coming up!

 Somer, my neighbor growing up, has a daughter (Delaney) 3 weeks younger than Auggie. We were finally able to meet each other over the weekend!
Somer, Delaney, Auggie & Kelsey
April 23
Delaney & Auggie
April 23
Delaney & Auggie enjoyed playing with the snail together
April 23
Kristopher playing with Drake
April 22

Kelsey  & Auggie at Mommo's house for Easter
April 23

Cohen (4), Laci (7), Ben (4), Sherwin (PawPaw), Auggie (5.5mo) , Libby (3), Jacob (13), Jane (MawMaw) and Micah (1)
April 23

Kelsey, Auggie, Micah, Melanie, Libby, Cohen, Laci, Jacob & Ben
April 24

Auggie with his First Easter nest!
April 24

Auggie posing for the camera
April 24

Nathan (2), Auggie (5.5mo), Cole (9) & Drake (2)
April 23
Kristopher, Zach, Nathan, Jamie, Jim, Cole, Chris, Dustin, Drake, Lindsay, Kelsey, Auggie & Tim
April 22
Drake, Cole, Auggie, Gramma & Nathan
April 23
Gramma with Drake & Auggie
April 23
Dustin & Lauren with Auggie
April 24 
Dustin & Tim coloring
April 24
Auggie with the Easter Bunny
April 19
Claire, Jessica, Auggie & Stephanie
April 21

3 comments:

  1. To reiterate from Facebook, I LOVE the BAHA video! I also love how you excluded the ages of PawPaw and MawMaw. :) It was wonderful to see all three of you in Giddings and I look forward to seeing you all at the plethora of upcoming family outings! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I didn't watch the video until just now! I just sat here and cried for you! It's so amazing to see him so happy to hear your voices! Once Fredy graduates and we get settled up here we are going to have to make a trip down to see yall. We haven't seen Auggie since he was just a couple days old! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!