Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Friends and Family

Our weekend flew by so quickly! I can't believe its already Tuesday!

The dietician from ECI came by for Auggie's monthly appointment. He's 14 lbs. 10 oz. and 25.5 inches long! He's doing so well. "They" say babies should have doubled their birth weight by the time they're 6 months so Auggie is doing great! We're really glad doing formula 2-3 days in a month has been agreeing with him... well, that was until Monday. :( I'll get to that later.

Friday, we had lunch with our good friend, Marco. It was so good seeing him again. It was Auggie's first time seeing him since we weren't able to bring him to Dallas when we went in January. We ate at the new Genghis Grill in College Station. It was pretty good. It reminded me of eating at the East College Cafeteria at SFA... but this was so much better!

Well, Hi there Uncle Marco!
Saturday, we went for a nice walk around the Green Space in College Station. We are able to get to it quickly from our house so it makes for a nice walk. We walked for an hour and would have walked longer but I didn't want Auggie to get too much sun. He fell asleep right before we left and slept the whole way. Aussie and Charley went along with us and seemed like they enjoyed being off the leash for awhile. They even got into the pond right off of Texas Avenue. Marco stopped by on his way back to Ft. Worth. We hung out at the house for a bit before he went on his way.

Saturday night I went out for the 1st Annual Siegmund Girls' Night Out! Aunt Karen, Megan, Jane, Stephanie, Melanie, Jessica and I were all able to meet up in College Station to go out to eat at Los Cucos (YUM!!) and then hung out for a bit after dinner. It was a lot of fun hanging out with family without the kiddos and husbands around. ;) We're going to have to get everyone together next year! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures...  I'm sure no one wants too much evidence of our shenanigans, though!

Our friends, Matt & Angela, stopped by on their way home from Houston on Sunday. We're so glad they were able to meet Auggie! We ate lunch with them before they had to head out.
Los Cucos in their bellies and Auggie in their hands
Visiting with friends always makes the time go by way too fast! It's always really nice to see them, though. I wish we had more friends close to us- they seem to pick Dallas to live in. lol.. Hopefully when our weekends start slowing down, I can make some trips to the Tomball area, Katy and Temple to see some friends that haven't met Auggie yet. We need to get there fast! Auggie's growing up too fast. lol

Monday was a bad day for Auggie. I felt so bad for him. Well, late Sunday night/early Monday morning was great for Auggie. He woke up once to eat before midnight and then only woke up at 1:20 am and then 6:40 am to eat! It was a very quiet night for us.. amazing! Sadly, that was the only thing that went well Monday... We were getting ready to see the Easter Bunny and Auggie got sick. It was not fun. I felt so bad for him and I had no idea what to do for him. We sat in the bath tub for a bit so there wasn't more a mess in the living room and dining room. I think the bath helped him even though he kinda just sat there. I thought it was the formula and then we tried breast milk but there was no change. Thankfully, he was able to keep some apple sauce and more breast milk and formula down after Tim came home.


Yummy!
April 16
Auggie has been eating apple sauce since Saturday. He eats it a lot better than the rice cereal. His dietician said skipping the cereal wouldn't be a big deal. Right now we're using our fingers to feed him since he likes grabbing our hands and putting them in his mouth anyway. I've tried the spoon a few times and it has been hard getting the food off of it. I'm sure it takes time for both Auggie and us to get used to feeding solids. We're both glad Auggie likes the apple sauce. It's not as trying as the cereal, thank goodness.

Sleeping in Kent's bed
April 8

Playing with his birdies with his feet
April 14

Those feet are really interesting!
April 14

Daddy and Auggie in a full on 6 month outfit!! He's getting so big!
April 14

Auggie's a giraffe!
April 14

Auggie has discovered Daddy's beard
April 15

Tim let go of Auggie and he actually stood there by himself!
April 17

Monday was a rough day
April 18

Staring off into space
April 18
Before I leave you until Thursday, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my last post. It was nice hearing back from so many people. I am very grateful for the all the support our family has and even if I don't personally respond, please know that every word has touched my heart. I'm trying to keep my chin up but sometimes it just feels too heavy. I try to read all the encouraging texts, emails, messages and Facebook comments on the days it is really hard. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!