Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick! It's Naptime!

I need to hurry and get a blog in or before I know it, it'll be Thursday!! I have save the dates to finish (stillll looking for the "right" design), birthday cards to make and a few more cards to send to the church for their mission trip next week. I definitely need to use today and tomorrow wisely!

We took Auggie to the doctor Monday afternoon for a "is my baby okay??" check up... or in my words- first time mom OMG moment! Auggie developed a "wet" cough over the weekend. He didn't have any other symptoms so we gave it the weekend to go away. Well, it didn't go away and didn't get worse but we figured we'd try for an appointment anyway. Dr. T said it didn't seem serious but understands why we brought him in. We were told when we met Dr. K to be really cautious about any type of sickness Auggie gets because his airway is small. So, of course, we jumped up to see the doctor when he started to cough. He had a 99.1 degree fever- nothing serious- so Dr. T said to keep an eye on it. So we'll see what happens. While we were there, Tim gave into Auggie... he gave him paper. You know, that paper sheet they cover most hospital examination beds? He had a blast with it! He got a little too excited a couple times and bumped his head on the mirror. The first time didn't phase him but man, that second time... he did not like that! I'm debating if I should post the video or not.. It's a cute video until he falls... then its just sad. So we'll see..


Our weekend was pretty uneventful. We stayed in town (shocking, huh?).


Auggie started to sit up from the crawling position on Friday. That's exciting news for us! Now we don't have to pick him up when he wants to sit up! He can also pull up in his crib. The top rail is higher than everything else in the house so it took him awhile on that one. He still likes to kneel and keep his hands on the top rail. He stood there for about 10 minutes Friday while I put together his farm toy. He looked genuinely interested in the toy and once he was able to play with it, he didn't know what to do! When Jacob came on Sunday with Jane and Sherwin, he played with him and Auggie got it! He really enjoys it now.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll have more for you on Thursday!

Playing with Daddy and Paper


MMMM... Mirror!

I promise, he's not picking his nose... he was tired

"I'm tired but I don't want to sleep"

Hello, camera!

Where are the pups??

Watching rugby highlights with Dad while Mommy feeds me

He got upset he couldn't go forward any more

MMM... plastic!

He loves the spin the checkered part

Daddy tickling him

I've learned how to play with my BAHA

How to keep an 8 month old busy.... hidden toys!

The beginning of a fall

Hi Jacob!

Playing with Daddy's head


Tim and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on Monday by going out to eat at Outback Steakhouse (Thanks, Jane & Sherwin!). It was delicious! In a couple weeks, we'll be celebrating with some friends by floating the Comal River... I really can't wait for that trip since it'll be my first time!

We would have been in California this week but two years ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!