Thursday, January 19, 2012

Behind

I am so far behind on keeping up with our blog. I'm sorry! Tuesday, I decided a nap was more important!

Auggie and I went to La Porte for a long weekend while Tim was out in West Texas hunting with Sherwin, Norvil and Cohen. I know I say it pretty much every time we go out of town, but Auggie sleeps horribly in the pack-n-play. I wish there was an easier (and more comfortable) way to have a portable crib. I slept almost 6 hours over the course of the weekend with him either on my chest or in my bed. He moves around so much; I have no idea how much sleep I was able to get. Of course, I can't spend my days asleep in La Porte- I'd much rather hang out with friends and see family! By Sunday, I was exhausted and then Monday I drove home... in rush hour! Haha... It wasn't too bad, though.

This week I started babysitting! It has been really good so far. Wednesday was our first full day together. Jonathan was great. Auggie, on the other hand, is a little bit jealous! Every time I picked up Jonathan, Auggie would want to be up in my arms, too. But when Jonathan was down, Auggie would bring him toys and sit next to him and play. It's so cute.

Even though Jonathan has been so good, he has definitely cured me of my "baby fever!" I can definitely wait to have another one (we have to anyway). I don't know how anyone does it with more than 2 kids under a certain age! Auggie would stand at my feet and pull on my shirt while I held Jonathan just begging to be picked up. I'm glad the "baby fever" is gone. Now I can just happily congratulate my friends (and Facebook Friends) on their pregnancies without that pang of "oh, I want another one."It's still there but I know I can wait.... definitely wait!

We have too much fun with Auggie to be thinking about sharing our attention. He's picking up more signs- "rabbit" and "cat." He's continuing to eat better- he ate half of an Eggo waffle this morning at occupational therapy. He's trying more bits of various types of food.

Annnddd he's gaining weight! He had an appointment with his dietician on Tuesday and he weighed 19.11 pounds (I'm not sure if that is 11 ounces or just 0.11- 19.11 is what it said on the scale). In early December, he weighed 18.04 pounds so he finally had a healthy gain. That made all 3 of us (and I'm sure Auggie, too) very happy! I would love to have him completely off of formula by 18 months. 3.5  months gives him plenty of time, right? We'll see. I also want him to be drinking out of a sippy cup, too. We're working on it.

I'll leave you with a few videos from the past couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy them! I'll have more pictures for you on Tuesday (and yes, I'll have a post then!!). I'm going to spend a little time on updating the look of our blog before Auggie wakes up







Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he is eating more and gaining wait! I hear you on the baby fever. Every time I feel that way I look at Colin and realize I'm not ready to take any attention away from him yet. Plus I don't know if I want 2 kids in diapers. We will see! Glad things are going well for you guys. I hope we find ourselves in the same town soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!