Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Last Week Flew By...

Sorry about not posting at all last week. I was disappointed I didn't spend the time to update everyone.

We mostly spent the week trying to get the house somewhat organized for Tim's cousin, Kayla, to stay with us for about a month. She started a new job on Thursday but doesn't move into her own place until the middle of June. And what is family for if you can't take advantage of their oh so comfy futon?? We're more than happy to have her here! It gives me someone to talk to so I can practice my big girl voice! Hahaha!

Auggie was also sick last week. Convenient, huh? I stopped pumping 2 weeks before (almost 4 weeks now) and just as he's getting comfortable with formula, he has to start running a fever and gets a stuffy nose. Tim & I both had sore throats over the weekend so I'm sure Auggie had a sore throat as well. We're still dealing with a stuffy nose and that is one thing Auggie hates the most- someone wiping his nose!

Auggie had his 6 month check up last Tuesday (May 10). It went well. Auggie had his 6 month shots. He cried for a few minutes after those but he was a trooper. Dr. T checked out his rash that he's had for awhile now. She recommended Lotrimin. (on a side note, could they not package it in a more discreet box? It said "Jock Itch" in big ol' letters and had an image of that area on the box! I'm pretty sure there are other uses for it!!) The Lotrimin (or Lomotrin, like I was calling it) didn't help. Auggie screamed all night and he seemed like he was in pain. It was terrible and not conducive to sleeping... at all. They called in a prescription for us on Thursday and I'm not convinced it is helping. I guess it takes time though. It hasn't even been a week of application so I'll give it the 2 weeks they recommend waiting.

Auggie & I went to La Porte over the weekend and hung out with my mom while she watched Drake & Cole. Lindsay & Dustin moved into their new duplex which is like 3 minutes from my parents' house! I am so happy for them! The boys have their own rooms and they now have a little backyard! Maybe they'll get a puppy! Jusssst kidding!

Mom & I spent some time on Sunday trying to get Auggie's 6 month pictures. It didn't happen like I wanted. In a perfect world, I would have had pictures of him looking straight at the camera on the beach at Sylvan Beach. There would have been a few clouds in the sky, just to make it a little less bright. And Auggie would have been happy and smiling and giggling away! But no... in our world, full of ups and downs... Auggie looked straight at the ground, was upset most of the time and didn't smile.. not even once! Oh well! Like I've said during his 1, 2 and 3 month pictures- there's always next month! I haven't had time to edit all his pictures but once I am done with these super awesome lollipop invites, I'll edit the rest of them and have them posted on Thursday.

Auggie found the camera

Look into my eyes!

Jussst a little smile after lots and lots of kisses!



I look a little scary

Trying to end on a good note

This was the last photo I took during his session.. .he was not a happy camper
This was Cole's jumper (almost 10 years old)... It looked brand new!

Drake, Cole, Grandpa, Gramma and Auggie
May 15

Checking out some books

With Gramma at the beach
May 15

Drake and Auggie in their strollers for a morning walk to the park
May 16

Walking to the park
May 16

He fell asleep on the swing
May 16

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the asleep on the swing pic. How peaceful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!