Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hippity Hop... hop.. hop..

We are finally winding down from our Easter sugar rush! We got to spend Thursday through Saturday morning in La Porte with my family. Then Saturday afternoon, we headed to Giddings to celebrate Easter with Tim's side.

We had a great time. I am so thankful we were able to spend that much time with both sides. I hate choosing between one or the other for holidays.. but at least we were able to see everyone.

I also celebrated my 25th birthday while we were in La Porte. Mom offered to bake a cake but that was the last thing we needed to eat! Mom ended up sticking candles in my dad's birthday cake (his was on the 4th) and they sang happy birthday to me. It was great having everyone together!
On my 25th birthday
Auggie loved running around with his cousins. I know he had to be tired at the end of each day but sleep didn't come easy. Sherwin even spent last week putting together Ben's old crib to see if it would help Auggie sleep while out of his own bed... It didn't. I guess we'll just have to deal with it every time we go somewhere.

Auggie started swinging his arms when he walks quickly. It is so cute. Most of the time he only swings one but sometimes he gets both going! He's also really starting to run more. First it started as running away from us when we wanted to change him but now he'll run to the kitchen to play or towards a specific toy. I can't believe how much our little 17 month old has learned! He added "frog" and "butterfly" to his sign and speech vocabulary in the last week or so. Obviously, he doesn't say it perfectly or clearly but he's working on it! He's been signing "frog" but saying it is pretty new!

I'll leave you with some photos. If you're on Facebook, you're seen these. Sorry, the only new one is above. Nap time has come to a drastic halt and I still have to pack for my trip to New Orleans this weekend! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
checking out Dad's new set of ears

Waiting (not so) patiently to hunt eggs in La Porte



Looks like someone figured out how to
open the eggs!





Auggie and Zoe

Really excited about Drake's drill

Pinning the tail on Rabbit

Cole, Zoe, Drake, Nathan and Auggie

Easter celebration at Mommo's


The swing set is always full




Micah and Auggie entertaining each other

Ben, Libby, Laci, Jacob, Cohen, Auggie and Micah



Time for a ride on the Gator!

Listening to PawPaw


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!