Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's Wildflower Season!

I love living in a "Wildflower Season" area! I know bluebonnets are a big hit because they're the state flower of Texas but I love them all, really. I love the colors and textures and the depth they give the landscape. They're gorgeous and I wish more people would add them to their landscapes/flowerbeds.  They might look a little weedy before they bloom (trust me, we got a warning from the city last year because we had an "unslightly" yard but I won't get started on that!)... but they are oh so pretty once they do bloom!

I'm ever so patiently waiting for our Lemon Mints to bloom but we have lots of Black Eyed Susans to make up for them. We also have some Scarlet Sage blooming in whites, reds and pinks. A red Sage is peeking out from behind the Black Eyed Susan below.


But enough about flowers... I took Auggie out to the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum Thursday evening since Tim was working out of town. It's hard filling in a full day when we don't have him coming home to look forward to. It sounded like the library was the place to be for bluebonnet pictures... well, aside from along the highway! I understand taking adults to the highway but not a 2.5 year old. Auggie wasn't interested in pictures when we got there. He liked jumping on the flowers and pulling them off their stalks. We stayed towards the outside so we didn't disturb too many flowers.

By the time I was ready to go, though, Auggie wasn't! He had fun finding dandelions and twirling around with them to make the seeds float off. He also discovered a ton of lady bugs. He liked watching them crawl but when it came to touching them... No Way! He had a great time watching one crawl around on my hand.

And without further ado... Auggie photos in the bluebonnets

Got a good one turning back to me :)

Jumping on the Bluebonnets

Heeeeyyyy!

He was yelling "WHERE???" because he kept hearing a train whistle

Auggie LOVES airplanes!

"Where's Mommy?"

love this in BW too!
He loves to blow the dandelions.. Bluebonnets should work, too!

He kept saying "push me" and he'd put his legs up so I could push him

A REALLY GREAT "cheese" for Mommy!!

He was fascinated by the lady bugs.. on his hand, not so much! I had to hold them

our giant lady bug friend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!