Sunday, December 23, 2012

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas already! I can't believe it. Well, I can never really believe how fast time flies with Auggie running around. 

Auggie got his big Christmas present last weekend- a train table! He loves it! Now he just needs some trains and track to go with it. I have a feeling Santa might take care of that! Auggie will come up to Tim or me and pull us into his room so he has someone to play in front of. The keywords there are "in front of" since he really doesn't want us to actually interact with him while he's at the table. It's cute but it'll be nice when he'll play by himself with his toys in his room. I say that and I know once he plays by himself, I'm going to say "oh, where did the time go??"

Where has the time gone? Auggie's beginning to sing along with us when we sing to the radio or when Tim busts out with a random song doing dishes. It started with the ABC's and he's now singing along to The Lumineers or some Black Eyed Peas.  He's even started mimicking Tim's whistling! His squeals are pretty high up there so he lets out a short squeal to match Tim's whistle. It's cute! 

We're continuing to work on his signs. Auggie's added "alligator," "silly" and "kangaroo" to his vocabulary and he's using "music," "dance," "mommy" and "daddy" a lot more. (Remember, if you'd like to see what the signs look like, please click the link included on each word.)

Auggie's also using "where" often! I think it's his version of "what's that?" Haha. Every toddler I've known has gone through that phase and I'm sure Auggie will go through it, too. He'll hide his cars or trains and come up to us with his index finger pointed and waving and say "wheerree?" Then one of us will say "where's what?" and he'll giggle and run to go find them. 

Well, I will leave y'all with some photos and a couple videos



lights!

Twas the Night Before Christmas


What are these things??

Auggie's Christmas ornaments (2010, 2011 and 2012)

hanging out at the park

Just swinging


(Sorry, I still haven't figure out how to make the videos bigger):







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!